1. My girls- Kristen with her big, gummy, open-mouth smile. That's pure happiness oozing out of there! Lauren's way of being so happy and excited anytime she gets to help Cory with somethingorwhen we're doing something as a family.
2. Cory- When he has finished a test and we get to have him all to ourselves for the rest of the day and night.
3. Hiking around Thunderbird Park- This is a new one. I've only done it once but just thinking about it brings a smile to my face. Feeling the burn, enjoying the feeling of reaching the top of the hill, the gorgeous view of the whole valley at sunset, my whole family right there with me, Lauren being a total trooper and walking right along with us. I will be doing this many more times before it hits 115 degrees! 4. Shopping deals- I love all of the great stores around here but it's only ever truly enjoyable when I get a smokin' deal. Well, the fact is I only ever get to buy something when it is on clearance so therefore it's the ONLY time I get to buy something!
5. Pilates- I always feel stronger and taller afterward. It's actually very relaxing and clears my mind. I love seeing when I have developed better form and endurance. 6. Makeup and skincare- I LOVE experimenting with new colors and fragrances. I love when I can make myself feel 100% better just by doing my face for the day. I love being able to give my friends and family advice on things that I have a true passion for. I especially love anything for my lips...I have at least 12 different lip glosses, lipsticks, chapsticks, lipliners in my purse as we speak! I love Mary Kay...I have been selling it for over 2 years now, although I'm not really "active" right now. I think I'm going to get active because I truly love it and believe you can't get anything better for the price. What would I do without my discount??!! Plus I love being able to give friends and Family a good deal! 7. craft projects- I love crafts. I love being able to come up with my own ideas or getting inspiration from other people's projects. I LOVE Joanns and Michaels. I could spend hours in each store.
8. The Arizona Sun- On a beautiful day, sitting on the grass...the children are happily playing nearby while I'm having great conversation with some girlfriends. The sun is different here...hotter, almost more seering but yet so lovely. Getting so hot laying out then jumping in the pool and feeling totally refreshed. There's nothing better! 9. Baby stuff- Babies r' us is like a little slice of heaven. I can't get enough baby stuff and I always want to newest, latest thing. That's the reason I went through 3 different strollers with Lauren and 2 with Kristen. I hardly ever buy anything but I just love looking around. It will be a sad day when I no longer have a reason to baby shop =( 10. Girlfriends- There is nothing better than a few friends getting together and chatting about our children, husbands, beauty tips, advice, etc. It gives me relief when I'm sad or stressed and when I don't have my husband around as much as I'd like.
Well, a week ago I lost my phone...and also my mind...it's somewhere lying dead and cold and I cannot find it! My phone that is, not my brain. I really needed a new phone anyway, (Mom, Dad..hint hint) So for those of you who have been trying to call, this is why you can't get a hold of me! Try my home phone or Cory's cell. If you don't have either of these numbers, leave a comment and I'll e-mail it to you!
I was browsing through some digital scrapbooking freebie sites and was looking at some pages people had done. I found this one and it happens to be about my home town! This is the amazing view we have driving into town from the north. It's a picture of the old Spiral Highway that winds down into town.
So tonight Lauren was twirling around the living room and I told her she has a little ballerina skirt and leotard from when she was younger that would be perfect to twirl in. So I dug through her drawers till I found them. She put them on and had a blast. She's been extra girly today (thanks to Jenessa Phillips!) and LOVED twirling and playing like a ballerina. So then I asked her (for about the 20th time) if she would like to take Ballet classes. She answered with her usual NO. By the end it was time to get pajamas on but she wanted to sleep in her outfit. She threw a little fit...
So this was our compromise!
Then proceeded to do Yoga. I asked her if she wanted to take Yoga classes. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "MOm! I already know how to do Yoga silly!" She knows like 2 poses...
So Kristen turned 6 months and I feel bad I didn't do her stats and the new things she does, mostly for my own record keeping and also for family..so here it goes She loves pretty much anything she can get her paws on. VERY grabby. I don't remember Lauren being this touchy-feely. She get very angry anytime I take something away from her. Everytime she starts drinking her bottle immediately she reaches her hand up and has to touch my lips. If she doesn't she gets really squirmy. She especially loves wipes. She sucks on them any chance she gets. I hope it's not bad for her! She's beginning to take longer naps during the day but doesn't sleep as long at night. ugg She is sitting up great these days. She's very vocal and usually wakes us up with her babbling. She's so loud! Her stats at her 6 month appointment were... 26 inches (they never measure her right so she may be longer) 75% 17lbs 12oz 83% and 97% for head! Lauren weighed 3 pounds more at this point! crazy Kristen shows no signs of wanting to crawl which I am perfectly happy with! And no teeth either. She's content to just play with what is around her. Overall she's very happy and growing great!
For those of you not living here in my circle of friends, My friend Taya has opened an Etsy shop. She does awesome work and makes the most adorable things for the little ones! check out her little shop here...
Cory had a great idea to go on a little family hike in the hills just north of us. It was a great workout, I was wheezing going up a hill and Lauren was running ahead of me! And to think I was afraid she would hold us up... Anyway, here are the pictures from our adventure! Kristen pooped out!
Well I was blog stalking last night and happened upon a neat little blog called Homemade by Jill and I found this cute little crafty sewing idea. Cloth baby shoes. I think I'm going to attempt to make them with some fabric scraps. If anyone else wants to try we should get together! Check out the rest of her page, there are some cute ideas.
My cousin Laura just started a blog and already it full of great recipes, good deals, and links to offers for cheap or free stuff. I had no idea she was such a great bargain shopper. I'm doing the Adperk offer right now for a free subscription to good housekeeping. Seriously, check it out!
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. B. Each player answers the questions for themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
10 Years Ago: I was 19 and free! I was working at the Kinder College at LCSC. I was the nap-room girl...In charge of getting a bunch of toddlers to take naps! I was always hangin' out with friends and getting my heart broken by stupid boys! 5 Things On My To-Do List Today: Wow...wrong day for this. I am taking it easy today, but maybe 1. go to the library to pick up holds 2. take a skirt back to Target. 3. try to not stress! (I have been extra stressed out lately for some reason) 4. watch Jane Eyre from the library (Amanda Frost says it's her fav!) 5. Play a game or two with Lauren
Things I Would Do If I Were Suddenly Made A Billionaire: Buy a whole new wardrobe for my whole family. Pay off our debt. Pay off my family members debts. Buy new cars. Buy a house. Go on a vacation to Bora Bora ..Oh yeah and pay tithing!
3 Of My Bad Habits: 1. wanting to eat out instead of cook. (We've only done this once since starting weight watchers!) 2. emotionally shopping. (retail therapy works for me) 3. Chronic lateness! (this is a new one since having children.) 5 Places I Have Lived: 1. 1139 Ripon ave. Lewiston, ID 2. 1238 Linden, Apt. C Lewiston 3. 20000 n. 57th ave. #g101 glendale 4. then moved t0 #g105
5 Jobs I Have Had: 1.Kinder College "teacher" 2. Hostess with the mostess at the Helm Restaurant in Lewiston. 3. Front desk clerk at the Sacajawea Motor Inn - Lewiston. 3. Mother/wife/slave to 2 beautiful girls and a wonderful husband.
Things Most People Don't Know About Me: I love reality tv. I'm a closet Hills fan. I love celebrity gossip. I check out my favorite gossip website daily for the new dirt! I love blog stalking. But then again who doesn't???
Cory, the girls, and I spent 4 hours in Walmart tonight...that's right folks 4 HOURS! Cory got to meet one of his favorite guys from the UFC- Chuck Liddell, otherwise known as "The Iceman". He recently wrote a book and did a book signing at our very own local Walmart. Cory about crapped his pants when he found out. He signed Cory's book and also his wallet. Now Cory is wanting a different wallet since the other one will be in safe keeping. Over all it was a fun experience. The girls were happy the whole time...Kristen never made a peep and Lauren was very patient. Good times!
I am a wife to a wonderful husband and a mom to 2 beautiful little girls. We moved to Miami in June 2010 where Cory started his Podiatry residency. We are so proud of our new doctor!! Now we are looking forward to the new adventures living in Florida will provide!