Sunday, May 10, 2009

A good day!

Mother's day has been great. I had a wonderful time at church this morning and my girls went to their classes without too much fuss . This is a first for Kristen! She usually screams when I leave her in nursery. She's getting used to it just in time to move and be with a bunch of strangers again!
Lauren made me a really cute necklace in her Primary class. I've proudly worn it all day and she keeps asking if I love my new necklace :) Then we came home and I got to have lots of quiet time and a nap while Cory played with the girls. Then Cory made dinner ,a very rare occurrence in our house, I think I can count on one hand how many times he has made dinner! It was yummy grilled chicken (he made his own marinade and it was good!) baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. Then he cleaned up dinner and the kitchen while I vegged on the couch. Kristen decided to go pee in the potty 3 different times today too. I guess she's potty training herself! It was a great day!!!
I hope all of you Mommies out there had Happy Mother's day!

5 comments:

Ben said...

brings back memories of when cory used to cook a lot of marinated meats while you were out of town one holiday season. Nice necklace! :)

Unknown said...

Cute necklace!! Lauren did a good job!! Love, Mom

Mands Glenn said...

Sounds like heaven! It was fun and exciting sitting next to you in church today with my child pushing Kristen, fruit loops flying, and trying to share share share. Glad you had a relaxing day with such a yummy dinner!

Mark and Niki said...

I love the necklace!! And where do you pick up kids that potty train themselves? I'll take three!

The Trippy Stevensons said...

I am so glad Cory took care of you that day! Good Job Lauren on the necklase, good job Kristen on the potty, and good job Heather for that sweet picture of Kristen! SOOOO CUTE!