Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

Halloween was great but tiring! I miss the fun of walking from house to house...now it's dread :) Lauren decided she wanted to be a witch so I made her be a funky colorful witch. I made Kristen a little black kitty outfit to go with the witch.
We started out the day with a Halloween party at our next door neighbors house. Lauren stayed for a whole 20 min. before she wanted to come home because she didn't know most of the kids. Then my friend Aubrey and I and our girls headed to downtown Lewiston to trick-or-treat at all of the little shops. They blocked off four blocks for the little kiddos and holy cow what a turn-out! It was total chaos and every store had a line...we ended up getting candy from about five stores and bagged it! We did get some pictures taken of our girlies at a photo studio for 2 cans of food they would donate to the local food bank. Pretty sweet deal! I'll get the picture back tomorrow and post it. Then we went for some dinner and then on to the Trunk-or-Treat at the church. We made a haul there and then decided we hadn't tortured ourselves enough so we took the girls door to door on Aubreys culdesac. We hit prob. 12 or more homes and I was spent! Then on to Nana's house to top off the night with some spoiling :)


8 comments:

Susan said...

I agree that Halloween is tiring! Your girlies looked really cute in their costumes and I loved all the pics with the fall leaves - what beautiful surroundings your in!

Marilyn said...

What cool moms to do extra trick-or-treating! I love the funky, colorful witch outfit -- it makes it fun and not evil or scary. Perfect for a little girl. Did you dress up too?

Peck Family said...

so cute! I loved Lauren's costume. We got your letter the other day. Logan thought it was funny! We miss you guys. Wish we could have trick or treated together. Your lucky to be with your family & friends. Miss you.

KatieElizabeth said...

I loved the costumes. They were way cute, way to go mamma! We sure miss you here in AZ and would have loved to Halloween it up together.

Ben said...

Well look at you with your fancy slideshow feature, trying to make everyone else look bad. It must be something you learned in that blogging class of yours. And yes that means you taught it to yourself, since you were the teacher. Halloween is fun times...I didn't dress up but I did raid the party in our apartment building for a bunch of pizza and donuts (not to mention donut holes). The people in there gave me weird looks but I'm over it.

Liora said...

Her witch turned out super cute!! You are amazing!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

So cute, and I love that family picture of you guys in the sand. You are so photogenic!

Peck Family said...

Hey Jodi!
just found out they have 3 spots open here.