Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The first day of Kindergarten

Well, Lauren is officially a school girl! She had her first day of Kindergarten today. It was only a half an hour long while the parents met with the principal Mr. Reese. Lauren's teacher is Mrs. Jacks. She's nice! She will only be teaching for the first quarter while Lauren's official teacher Mrs. Stevenson is on maternity leave. Lauren seemed to like it. She is in the class with one of her best friends since birth Hailey. I had a momentary breakdown last night with tears and all thinking of the end of an era...not as much freedom anymore, schedules, my little girl growing up, etc. But today I woke up excited! Lauren woke me first thing this morning asking to get dressed for school, and she already had her backpack on and stuffed full of our books from home hah! She's in the afternoon class though so she had to wait a few hours. We're so proud of our little Lauren!!!

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Yeah!! They sure do grow up fast don't they?

the landreths said...

What a cutie!

Susan said...

I love her cute outfit! and she definitely seems so excited! :)

Unknown said...

What a cutie, I can believe our girls are in real school =)

Unknown said...

OH OH OH Mrs. Stevenson or Alaina is a GREAT friend of mine! Her new little guy Beau is adorable! Her blog link is on my blog!

Isn't she such a ham! Did she love it?

Marilyn said...

How in the world did you get afternoon kindergarten? With your distance from the school, it should have been morning. Did you do the ice cream social the night before?

Ben said...

My kindergarten teacher's name was Mrs. Reese. Also, my internet connection in Tucson is so slow that your blog background was pink and I thought you had changed your layout, only to have the Fall theme pop up when I was almost done reading. Also, I like the pictures. Also, I'm moving in a couple days and I'll be driving sort of close to Lewiston!

tessa said...

Aww, congrats. It's the end of an era but it really is a fun one you're starting too.

Peck Family said...

so sad but happy that our kids are going to KINDERGARTEN!!

The Trippy Stevensons said...

cute cute cute....ya for school : (