Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

I am worn out after all of the Halloween festivities this year! The girls had many opportunities to wear their costumes. Kristen was a candy corn for a couple of events and then a little mermaid to match Lauren's mermaid costume. It was my first attempt at homemade costumes! It was so fun coming up with an idea in my head and then putting it all together. No patterns...No instructions...and I feel pretty good about the outcome!
Here are the little beauties!We went Trick or Treating with our good friends the Phillips.
We had a good time hitting all of the houses in the "richer" part of the neighborhood called Arrowhead Lakes and envying all of the houses that we will never be able to afford! It was a perfect night with the temperature around 80 degrees...No jackets covering up the kids costumes here!










The night ended with this nasty "whip scorpion" on a wall. Pretty cool huh Patti?! It was pretty creepy, but not as creepy as...

...these big dorks who think it's sooo cool to shave big ole' mutton chops and a handlebar moustache..and then top it off with a fabulous Hawaiian shirt...

5 comments:

Peck Family said...

fun halloween!

Aubrey said...

Jodi, you did a really good job on the costumes! I love it! Kristin was such a cute candy corn too.

Adam Jensen said...

I love the costumes! that scorpion thing freaks me out!!!

Anonymous said...

The candy corn costume is funny.
-Garrett

The scorpian picture is my favorite.
-Keegan

My nieces take the cake!!!!
-Paula

jungleprincess said...

Those are really neat costumes! I also enjoy making my kids' costumes but after this year decided I need to start using a pattern and get a little bit better at sewing.