Friday, August 8, 2008

Lauren is funny


So I'm posting this a little late, but it's so worth sharing!
So for about a week or two before Kristen turned one, Lauren kept talking and asking about how Kristen was going to be so different when she turns one. We went shopping for her birthday presents and Lauren would pick up toys only suitable for a 3 year old or older. When I explained that she would choke on those chosen toys she would say "but it's for when she's one". I explained to her over and over that she will still be a baby even after her birthday and that she won 't be any different. I thought I had finally explained well enough and she had a grasp on the idea. Well she woke up early on the morning of Kristen's birthday and comes and climbs into bed with me, but first she looked at Kristen sleeping peacefully in her crib next to me. She quietly whispers in my ear "Mom, I can't tell if she's one yet, she still looks like a baby!" and then says "I wonder if she'll be able to run around when she wakes up?" I laughed and explained she couldn't run around yesterday and today is no different. So then Kristen wakes up and I pick her up, excitedly Lauren says "put her down and see if she can walk!" I explained again. Her philosophy was "but Becca can walk and she's one!" Becca is a few months older, I didn't even try to explain that one....

2 comments:

Susan said...

Lauren is so amusing. I'd like to think that our babies just all of sudden start walking and talking and such on their first birthday - that would be an exciting day!!

Laura said...

So funny! Sounds like me when I was fifteen. I was completely convinced that I would feel different when I turned sixteen. I was a pretty disappointed 16-year-old. That's for sure!