Monday, April 21, 2008

My daughter..The great hunter

This is what I find laying around on a daily basis...



If you can't tell, these are rocks. Lauren is a rock collector. I love it and loathe it at the same time. I find these lying around the house in the oddest areas. The above pictures are exactly where she left them. She does come from a long line of rockhounds so I guess I can't blame her. I can see many great rock collecting hunts in our future. But for now she thinks that the chunks of cement she finds are the best treasures!
I love my little Rock Hunter!

3 comments:

Susan said...

That definitely explains why I found two rocks in Emma's room after you guys were over to play. Emma likes rocks too (since we have plenty of them in our yard!) - she calls them her "treasures".

The Trippy Stevensons said...

Are you kidding! My parents are rock hunters. I can't tell you how many vacations we have gone on and took a side step to look for petrified wood, geos, etc. Plus, just today, we collected more rocks for my parents rock gardens! IRONIC! LOVE YA LAUREN

Judy said...

I was surfing around and here you are blogging about rocks. Melissa didn't tell me. Yes, we love rocks. I don't need valuable ones I just like the look and feel of different ones. I call it my mindless collecting.
Check out this book I just read about---Everybody Needs a Rock
by Byrd Baylor
Maybe you can check it out at your ROCKING Glendale library.